Moon Valley Rustics Questions & Answers
Q: What is the maximum capacity weight for the double seat glider swing?
A: Maximum weight capacity for the Double Glider Swing is 2000lbs. This is because it is handcrafted with 100% Michigan Cedar Wood, which allows it to be heavy duty and very sturdy.
Q: What is the average lifespan of this swing?
A: Decades. If you follow these simple tips, you will ensure a very long lifespan for it.
- Make sure it is varnished, we can do this for you.
- Place the swing on a concrete area or slab, or if you want it in the yard, you can use pavers for the swing to sit on. This will prolong the bottom of each leg.
- Use a protective cover when not in use, we sell these as well.
Q: Does the swing come varnished and protected?
A: Yes. However, please note that the platform boards will NOT be varnished. However, they will still be stained to preserve the wood.
The varnish coat is omitted on the platform boards for two reasons:
- This is a high traffic area where it would be difficult for any clear coat product to hold up.
- Adding the clear coat allows water to bead up and create a potentially slick surface.