Breezesta Care & Maintenance
Outdoor furniture is constantly exposed to environmental elements including extreme sun exposure, salty air, acid rain, and fluctuating temperatures.
While Breezesta is known for care-free ownership of durable, high quality furniture that stands up to mother nature, a little extra care will go a long way for a lifetime of performance and enjoyment. Following the recommended care and maintenance procedures contributes to sustaining the benefits of the furniture warranty.
CLEAN AND MAINTAIN FURNITURE SURFACES
For normal day-to-day care of furniture, your furniture can be regularly maintained by hosing down with water. For periodic maintenance, Breezesta offers a suite of cleaning products including Protect, Clean, and Remove Mildew Stains.
The Breezesta Clean formulation is safe for poly furniture and effective on grease, grime, dirt and other stains. The Breezesta Remove Mildew Stains formulation is effective at dissolving tough mildew stains. After cleaning furniture, apply Breezesta Protect to shine and add UV protectors to help prevent color fading and surface cracking. Follow the instructions printed on the respective maintenance product applicator bottle.
Furniture Cleaning of Rust
For cleaning of tough, penetrated stains on our poly furniture, such as those caused by rusted hardware, the following treatment options are recommended:
- Soft wash
- Use mild soap and water to scrub the affected areas and rinse, or
- Soft scrub type of bathroom cleaners that do not contain phosphoric acid, which is not safe for poly.
- Mild acid solution (lemon juice / vinegar) mixed with water
PROTECT AND MAINTAIN FURNITURE HARDWARE
Hardware, such as screws and bolts, whether stainless steel or any other kind is subject to normal wear-and-tear and possible corrosion in salt air environments. Breezesta hardware is painted and color-matched to the furniture. To protect the hardware and paint color, or to restore it in case of corrosion, please review the ensuing care and product recommendations.
Hardware Rust Prevention
To protect the hardware and avoid rust issues, periodic inspection and treatment of hardware is recommended. Neglecting the hardware may void the hardware benefit of your warranty.
Preventive treatment options include:
- Paste Wax
- The easiest way to prevent rust is to apply paste wax to the metal hardware.
- Carnuba wax used in automotive wax products is one of the best options.
- Rust-Oleum® Stops Rust® Protective Enamel Paint
- High quality rust protection paint in nearly 50 colors, available in a 12 oz. spray or ½ pint can.
- Can be used for rust prevention or repair.
- Ensure you cover and protect the surrounding furniture surface.
Hardware Rust Repair
- Rust-Oleum® Stop Rust® Clean Metal Primer
- Use on heavily rusted hardware to maximize rust protection.
- Follow with the Rust-Oleum® Stops Rust® Protective Enamel paint in the original color of your hardware or furniture.
- Rust-Oleum® Rust Reformer
- Comes in a 10.25 oz. spray or 8-fluid oz. bottle.
- A layer of this flat-black coating bonds with rusty metal and instantly chemically transforms it into a non-rusted paintable surface.
- To color match hardware to furniture, it’s best to wait 3 days to paint the hardware.
For more information on the Rust-Oleum® products and how-to videos, please visit rustoleum.com. Make sure to follow manufacturer instructions on all recommended products. The suggested care products are available at any home improvement or local hardware store.
Breezesta furniture is made to last through every season of your life! Proper care and maintenance will ensure your furniture looks as good as the day you bought it!